(Last updated Oct 01, 2018)
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you create an account, participate in any interactive features of the Services, fill out a form, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect from you include:
- Personal Information Information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable person, which may include, for example, your name, email address, postal address, phone number, and date of birth.
- Protected Health Information A subset of Personal Information that is protected by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 and its implementing regulations (“HIPAA”). Your Personal Information is Protected Health Information if you are a health plan member or a patient of a Provider that is a “covered entity” under HIPAA and we are a “business associate” of the Provider.
- Transaction Information We may collect your health insurance information and limited payment information from you, such as payment method and payment card information; however, we do not collect or store full payment card numbers and all transactions are processed by our third party payment processor.
- Information About Others The contact information of your healthcare providers, pharmacists, caregivers, emergency contacts, next of kin, and any dependents under your care.
- Other Information You Choose to Provide We collect information you provide when you participate in a survey, contest, promotion or interactive area of the Services or when you request technical or customer support.
If you are a healthcare provider, during registration you may be asked to provide information regarding your professional qualifications as well as other information.
Information We Collect When You Use the Services
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Usage Information : We collect information about your activity on the Services. For example, we may collect information about how you communicate with other users (including your healthcare providers) while using the Services.
- Mobile Device Information : We collect information about the mobile device you use to access or use the Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information and information about your use of our Apps. With your consent, we may also collect information about the location of your device and access and collect information from certain native applications on your device (such as your device’s camera, photo album and phonebook applications) to facilitate your use of certain features of the Services. For more information about how you can control the collection of location information and/or our access to other applications on your device, please see “Your Choices” below.
- Log Information : We may collect log information about your use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies : We and our service providers may use various technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular and count visits. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may obtain information from other sources and use it as contemplated herein, including to provide the Services to and otherwise communicate with you. For example, we may receive Prescription Data and other Personal Information from healthcare providers (e.g., pharmacy, clinic, doctor, etc.), provided that you have specifically authorized such healthcare provider, in writing, to share your information with us. We may also collect information about you when you post content to our pages or feeds on third party social media sites, or if you use credentials (e.g., username and password) from a third party site to create or log into your ListenMD account.
USE OF INFORMATION
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Services;
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request, and send you related information,
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by ListenMD and others, and provide information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Conduct research and measurement activities;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of ListenMD and others; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers, including, but not limited to, hosting providers and payment processors, who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
- With other users of the Services:
- When you participate in the interactive areas of the Services, certain information that you provide may be displayed to such other users on the Services, such as your name and other content and information you choose to provide.
- Providers set the exposure settings for their respective practices because this can affect the visibility of their relationship with a patient. Providers can choose to be an open, hidden or private practice, each of which is described below:
- Open practices expose their relationship to the patient and show up as a caregiver for that patient in the list of other caregivers and in the caregiver list of the patient;
- Hidden practices are exposed only to the patient and to providers who add or are added by the hidden caregiver;
- Private practices only appear on the patient’s caregiver list. Private practices do not appear on any other caregivers’ list.
- Patients can further enhance the privacy of selected caregivers by changing that caregiver’s privacy setting from “Open” to “Hidden” or “Private”.
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of ListenMD or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- Between and among ListenMD and its current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
We may also sell or share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
ListenMD takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
NOTE TO INTERNATIONAL USERS
You may update, correct or delete certain information about you at any time by logging into your online account.
Native Applications on Mobile Device
Some features of our Apps may require access to certain native applications on your mobile device, such as the camera and photo storage applications (e.g., to take and upload photos and videos) and the phonebook application (e.g., to send invitations to try the Services, or to chat with your contacts via the Services). If you decide to use these features, we will ask you for your consent prior to accessing the applications and collecting information. Note that you can revoke your consent at any time by changing the settings on your device.
If you do not want us to collect precise location information from your device, please disable the location setting(s) on your device or delete the Apps. Please note that disabling the location setting may affect certain features of the Apps.
With your consent, we may send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device or within our Apps.
If you have any questions about ListenMD’s privacy practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org